POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon landing conspiracy theories : Re: Moon landing conspiracy theories Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon landing conspiracy theories
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Aug 2012 12:47:51
Message: <503a5337$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/26/2012 1:06, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> The trouble is, if you get an experimental result and say "it must have been
> caused by magic"... that explains EVERY POSSIBLE RESULT.

Only if you don't further refine magic. What science would actually say is
"this is how magic works. Do this and it happens, do that and it doesn't."

> A lot of people don't seem to understand this. Science is not the study of
> things which are TRUE, only things which are PROVABLE. So even if God DID
> create the universe, we can never prove nor disprove this,

Depends on the details. Certainly one can imagine scientific evidence for
the existence of someone having created the universe.

Read "Calculating God" by Robert Sawyer for a fun sci-fi take on the question.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"