POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chess game : Re: Chess game Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chess game
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Aug 2012 07:34:06
Message: <5038b82e$1@news.povray.org>
Welcome back.

Nice to see the POV logo as a chess piece. I like that. A few comments
though.

I believe ambient is not zero in this scene. it looks kind of flat to me
with no serious shadows overall.

The table texture needs more work. I suppose the whole table has just
one texture at the end of the elements union. Legs, table top, etc need
to have their own textures, oriented in a correct way. For instance
tabletop: oriented in the length; legs oriented vertically, etc.

Probably because of the two preceding issues, I have a strange
impression concerning the two leftmost legs. It looks as if they are
side by side instead of behind each other.

Thomas