POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Resuming photons : Re: Resuming photons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resuming photons
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 24 Aug 2012 08:36:53
Message: <50377565$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/08/12 18:55, MichaelJF wrote:
> It is very likely that I misunderstood somehing here. At the moment
> I'm not quiete sure where I've stolen the code, but I think it's
> Jaime's Pseudo-HDRI approach.

   No, that's just regular HDRI (my pseudo-HDRI was a trick wich didin0t
use hdr files, just emulated, badly, the dynamic range).

> But the main fact with this issue here
> is that I didn't change the lighting between the resumes. In both
> examples I stopped and resumed the rendering at the first block at
> the shaft and a second time in the near of the globus cruciger. The
> first picture here with the simple sky_sphere shows no flaws but the
> second one with Jaime's thekitchen.hdr sows strange changes in color
> at the points I stopped and resumed the rendering. Has anyone an
> idea? Feel free for criticism.

   Here you have just radiosity artifacts, which I suppose come from my
thekitchen.hdr (that's why the other image didn't show them). The
reason must be that as the artifacts (circle-like spots) are so largue,
the partial pretrace can't catch them entirely... or something like
that. But the photons seems to have come out OK on the continued renders...

--
Jaime