POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Win7 versus "Show me all my thumbnails" : Re: Win7 versus "Show me all my thumbnails" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win7 versus "Show me all my thumbnails"
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 22 Aug 2012 20:53:19
Message: <50357eff@news.povray.org>
On 21/08/2012 11:54 PM, gregjohn wrote:

> Is this a bug / an asinine design poilicy (the first two are the same) / a
> setting that can be unchecked / a IT policy of the host.

There is a simple answer to anybody experiencing problems with Windows
Explorer - Buy and install Directory Opus.  It is superb - rock solid
and loaded with features.

I wince when I have to use a machine without it.

In particular there are no issues with showing thumbnails of images when
there are hundreds or even thousands of them in a directory.

Then there is a preview pane, multiple directory lists, file and
directory comparison / synchronisation, ftp client, image conversion
tool (change format, size, rotation on single or groups of files), a
whole macro language, batch rename with wildcards and so on.

It also avoids a lot of UAC nonsense.  Not all but it tones it down
quite a lot.