POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon landing conspiracy theories : Re: Moon landing conspiracy theories Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon landing conspiracy theories
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Aug 2012 17:55:13
Message: <503403c1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:35:52 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Actually, it depends on the moron. Some people don't change their
> opinion,
> and/or look for real facts, until ***after*** they realize that, "Yeah,
> I guess a lot of people don't agree with my, I wonder why that is?" But,
> its hard to tell the difference between a sheltered fool, and an
> internet troll, since they both tend to babble the same BS, often even
> persistently. Its not until weeks, months, or even years, later, when
> one comes back and says, "You people where the first ones to really
> challenge me, and come right out as say I was being an idiot.", that you
> can tell which is which some times.

Another circumstance in which to have a debate like this is when there's
actually an audience.  There may be some in the audience who think "this
guy's got a point" but who haven't spoken up.  By debating it publicly,
you point out the errors not necessarily for the benefit of the fool
taking the absurdist position, but for those who might be thinking that
the fool has a valid point.

Jim