POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Death of a harddrive : Re: Death of a harddrive Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Death of a harddrive
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Aug 2012 08:23:01
Message: <50337da5$1@news.povray.org>
Le 21/08/2012 13:47, Invisible a écrit :

> I don't have any way of heating the acid. Also, we have now run out of
> acid.
>
>> Or if you have some liquid nitrogen and a hammer... it can be fun too.
>
> We have a 2 tonne liquid nitrogen tank. However, the nitrogen can only
> be withdrawn in gaseous form.

"Another one bit the dust", by Queen... time to check if a fall from any
height on a concrete surface would have exploded the drive. We want photo.

"It's a hard life" : after having been the cherished drive on which
everyone relied, it is now persecuted.

"Hammer to fall": at least, do you have some hammer ?

If all else fail, you might get some expanding-foam (in can, urethane)
injected inside the drive: this would preclude any easy restoration.