POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In memoriam: musicians and mortality : Re: In memoriam: musicians and mortality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In memoriam: musicians and mortality
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Aug 2012 06:15:25
Message: <50320e3d$1@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2012 03:49 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Lately there seem to be a lot of celebrities dying.  Of course, everyone dies,
> and the nature of random distributions is that there will be clusters now and
> then.

We could do a 2-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov test to identify whether
celebrity deaths follow the same distribution as the general population.
I have no idea where you'd get the necessary data from, though...

> Still, the psychological impact of these clusters on our meat-based
> brains is such that the supermarket rag _Globe_ recently printed the ghoulish
> headline, "Who Will Be Next to Die?"

Technically, "meat" is mammalian muscle tissue - something not found in
the brain. But the point still stands.

> Below, I've listed deceased
> musicians that were part of my "musical formation window": the time period from
> about age 6 to age 22.

Man, most of the musicians I listen to were dead long before I was even
born... o_O