POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dominoes with subsurface{} : Re: Dominoes with subsurface{} Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dominoes with subsurface{}
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Aug 2012 10:18:14
Message: <5030f5a6@news.povray.org>
Robert, as Alain and clipka said, you should try the last incarnation...
works fine here: in fact, I was not able to reproduce the artifacts I
got with the pool balls: surely I was doing something really weird with
the texture maps.

And it's easier to setup than media, more consistent and better looking,
but unfortunately it's very slow, at least for scenes which consist
mostly on translucent objects (as much as a x10 increase in rendering
time for this shot). Oh, well...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message