POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Aug 2012 13:51:24
Message: <502fd61c$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/18/2012 3:03, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 18/08/2012 05:34 AM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 8/16/2012 3:14, Invisible wrote:
>>> According to Wikipedia, Mono /also/ does JIT compilation to native code.
>>> (Although I agree it would be better if there were published benchmark
>>> results for .NET itself.)
>>
>> You almost have to. But the GC and the JIT for Mono both suck compared
>> to the ones optimized by MS.
>
> You have an actual citation for that?

First google hit on "mono gc sucks"

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?26300-Mono-2-8-Is-Out-With-C-4-0-Better-Performance/page15

Later versions of Mono are much better than the first few generations, which
sucked so bad they realized they actually needed to fix it to be even usable
let alone competitive.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"