POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Aug 2012 13:44:57
Message: <502fd499$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/18/2012 3:17, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> You wouldn't be able to do this for arbitrary code.

And that's what I'm talking about. If you want your program to run 15 years
without ever stopping, you pretty much need to be able to replace arbitrary
bits of code, including type signatures, while you're running.

 > But if you insert a
> suitable layer of indirection, it wouldn't be too hard. Haskell supports
> first-class functions, after all. You can do crazy things with stuff like
> continuation-passing and so on.

Sure, and Erlang translates into machine code instructions at some point. Or
hell, implement an Erlang interpreter in Haskell. This isn't an argument. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"