POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors : Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors Server Time
17 May 2024 04:45:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors
From: clipka
Date: 17 Aug 2012 17:17:15
Message: <502eb4db$1@news.povray.org>
Am 17.08.2012 19:53, schrieb Dave:

>    shape/poly.cpp:188:3: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only
> in ISO C90 [enabled by default]
>    shape/poly.cpp:188:3: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only
> in ISO C90 [enabled by default]
>    shape/poly.cpp:188:3: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only
> in ISO C90 [enabled by default]

Should not be a problem. Theoretically, that is. We can fix it, and we
probably should.

>    processoptions.cpp:1180:9: warning: case label value is less than
> minimum value for type [enabled by default]

This, folks, is actually an outright error, leading to issues when the

>    povms.cpp:304:3: warning: anonymous type with no linkage used to
> declare variable '<anonymous struct> POVMSStreamOrderTables' with
> linkage [enabled by default]

The compiler has a point there.

>    renderfrontend.cpp:1165:57: warning: trigraph ??) ignored, use
> -trigraphs to enable [-Wtrigraphs]

Trigraphs suck, but yes, we should avoid them.

>    vfesession.cpp:594:11: warning: case label value is less than minimum
> value for type [enabled by default]

That line seems somewhat bogus.

> Of the above, the errors in processoptions.cpp & vfesession.cpp are
> significant. On this platform a 'char' is unsigned by default. Here's a
> test program that exhibits the same error message and shows that there
> are actual errors:

This has nothing to do with char being unsigned by default - except that
it helped spot the errors. But they're errors either way.

Thanks for reporting those warnings.