POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Protein Complexes : Re: Protein Complexes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Protein Complexes
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 17 Aug 2012 05:31:05
Message: <502e0f59$1@news.povray.org>
Great image, I especially like the green whatever-that-is-helix.

I'll be sure to check the cover when visiting the library ;)

The only thing I wondered is if the illumination might be too bland.
As far as I understand the process it is perfectly diffuse AO/radiosity
(is the model itself emissive?). Some harder shadows might increase the
perception of depth and 3d structure. Especially the blue "heads" feel
a bit surreal to me (which can of course be a good thing, too).

I realize of course that actual light would just diffract like hell
instead of giving any sort of shadow, but then actual light wouldn't
give you this image anyway ;)