POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Aug 2012 19:02:22
Message: <502c2a7e$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/14/2012 3:17, clipka wrote:
> If you want to give such guarantees, you can't handle variables of types for
> which you have no declaration, because obviously you can't tell whether they
> can do A, B, C and D or not.

To be fair, I suspect Haskell just treats that declaration as if you're
returning Object in C#. In other words, haskell I suspect doesn't let you
return a value whose type you can't see, but instead of making that illegal,
it essentially inserts a cast for you to an opaque supertype. (So to speak,
of course, since Haskell isn't OO.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"