POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pauseless GC now available : Re: Pauseless GC now available Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pauseless GC now available
From: clipka
Date: 14 Aug 2012 17:53:21
Message: <502ac8d1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.08.2012 23:03, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> I said "why would you want a 140GB heap when it's impossible to have
> that much RAM?"
>
> And everyone was like "OMG, are you kidding? Of COURSE you can have
> hundreds of GB of RAM.

Yes, everyone was like that indeed.

> EVERYBODY does this ALL THE TIME for EVERYTHING!

No, nobody was like that.

Your question was based on the presumption that "it's impossible to have
that much RAM"; everyone disagreed with that presumption and told you
so, and examples were given that proved it wrong.

> If your company doesn't do this then they're just being cheap."

Well, actually everyone was like "If your company doesn't do this it
doesn't mean a thing; there may be other reasons than outright
impossibility."