POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of statistics : Re: C# Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C#
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Aug 2012 08:57:31
Message: <502a4b3b@news.povray.org>
> The C# design /is/ pretty solid for a modern language. Much more solid
> at least than the current Java language.

"More elegant than Java" is a bit like saying "cooler than the surface
of the Sun". :-P

> Oh, and don't bother to mention Haskell in this context; you've done a
> fair share of ranting about that language already to disqualify it for
> the position of "an elegant design that solves everything [without
> accumulating non-elegant layers of additional features]".

So what do you think Haskell solves inelegantly?

It's no secret that the libraries lack vast swathes of important
functionality, or that some of the build tools leave a lot to be
desired. But the core language itself? It isn't perfect, but it's a
damn-site more elegant than any other programming language I've ever
laid eyes on.