POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moonlit sky : Re: Moonlit sky Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moonlit sky
From: clipka
Date: 14 Aug 2012 05:51:16
Message: <502a1f94$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.08.2012 22:36, schrieb Zeger Knaepen:
> On 13/08/2012 21:44, clipka wrote:
>> The moon's reflection in the water is way too bright.
>
> yeah, I believe you're right, but my landscape-system, including water,
> is for later, for now I'm just concentrating on the sky :)
>
> ...however, I fixed it:

Way better.

Still not perfect though, I think. Are you using highlights to fake the
reflection? Note that the default highlight parameterization is not
energy-conserving; try using the new "albedo" option (e.g. "specular
albedo 1.0" for a surface that reflects 100% of all incoming light). You
also need to take into account that your moon is not a full sphere, but
only some 40% of it.

Try with true reflection for reference.