POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fastclouds, again :) : Re: Fastclouds, again :) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fastclouds, again :)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 12 Aug 2012 04:20:27
Message: <5027674b@news.povray.org>
On 12/08/2012 8:52, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 12-8-2012 1:22, Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>> I think it's almost ready!
>> What do you think?
>>

> Very good indeed.

thank you :)

> Is this an update of your famed Fastcloud macro? I use /that/ very, very
> often, if not for practically all my scenes.

more like a rewrite than an update :)
The basic idea remains the same, the implementation has changed
completely, and IMHO it's much easier to use now:

#include "fastsky.inc"

//Optional, defaults to Belgium, I think :)
fastclouds_SetSceneLocation(Longitude,Latitude)

//Optional, defaults to a
//sunpos.inc-based location
fastclouds_SetSunLocation(Location)

//Optional
fastclouds_SetPredefinedCloudForm(Type,Transform)

//Optional, defaults to 1000
fastclouds_SetScale(UnitsPerKilometer)

fastclouds_AddClouds(Cast,Fluffyness,Transparancy)
fastclouds_AddSky(Hazyness)
fastclouds_AddLights(SunBrightness,SkyBrightness,Arealights)

//You can add more than one layer of clouds
fastclouds_AddClouds(Cast,Fluffyness,Transparancy)

> Needless to say that I am interested ;-)

I could send you the source if you want, you could help me betatest it :)

cu!
--
ZK