POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Aug 2012 18:55:32
Message: <50259164$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:45:43 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> Not all of them good, though. :-(

Sadly, that's true.  Then again, having the variety gives appreciation
for the good experiences.

>>> Well it has not been a humdrum life, so far. And to think that I
>>> wanted to be a school teacher.
>>
>> I'll bet you'd have done well at that as well.
>
> I doubt it. Can you imagine the reaction to a teacher with his hair down
> to his arse?

University prof at MIT? ;)

> Just a minute man. I'll get to the second derivative when I finish this
> joint.

University prof at UC Berkeley, then? ;)

> Treating children as if their opinions mattered?

Oooh, that'd be a nonstarter in Texas.

> Punching someone's lights out because they pulled a knife on you?

Daily occurrence in some inner city schools, possibly.

> Listening to the staffroom bores?

I can't imagine doing that, OK, one out of 'n' (can't be bothered to
count). ;)

> Nah! I'm glad that I came to terms with my dyslexia and found that my
> hands were better on the tools than round the neck of an over privileged
> twerp whose daddy could afford to buy him a car when he turned
> seventeen. Or a hard nut whose only aim in life was to get a rep.

You might've gotten one of those entitled twerps to realise that they
could actually make a positive contribution to the world.  Even if it
required punching them out. ;)

But that said, it is good to know what one is suited for.  Not everyone
gets that opportunity.

> But then I was young and knew nothing.

As did we all.  Then we grew up, and the more mature we got, the less we
found we knew.

Jim