POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Approval of vigilantism and murder : Re: Approval of vigilantism and murder Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Approval of vigilantism and murder
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Aug 2012 18:49:40
Message: <50259004$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:15:33 -0400, Warp wrote:

> That man is not a hero. He is an idiot. I don't care how distressed and
> mad he was about what happened to his son, he is still an idiot. I have
> no sympathy for him. Making things potentially so much worse for his son
> after such an ordeal deserves no respect nor admiration.

Agree 100%.

> What kind of world do these people envision? We have long ago left
> behind the times when the people of a village stoned someone to death
> that they didn't like, and rightfully so. Murdering people in revenge,
> especially people who have already been captured by law enforcement, is
> barbaric.

They envision the wild west, "an eye for an eye" kind of justice.

The ironic thing is that those who tend to believe that also tend to be
religious zealots who follow a man who was said to have said "turn the
other cheek" and to have preached "judgment is God's domain".

But they're in a hurry to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Jim