POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pool balls (2nd attempt) : Re: Pool balls (2nd attempt) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pool balls (2nd attempt)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 10 Aug 2012 13:09:24
Message: <50254044$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/08/12 10:34, Jellby wrote:
> This looks great.

   Thanks!

> Maybe the scratches are too pronounced in some places (#12, #2).

   Hmmm... after looking at hundreds of pictures of old billiard balls, I
think they can be even more pronounced. I think it is the shape what is
wrong: I used an image which contains scratches on a flat surface, and
on a spherical surface they tend to be more circular...

> And the chalk cube needs some weathering.

   Yes, thanks for the reminder... it's done now (not very good, but
acceptable, I guess).

--
Jaime