POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Aug 2012 11:35:37
Message: <50252a49$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:52:48 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> On 09/08/2012 05:30 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> That doesn't surprise me one bit.  The Republican agenda is simple:
>> Vote for whatever Obama is against, and vote against whatever Obama is
>> for. Then blame him for failing to move things forward.
>
> Isn't that what the opposition party does in /every/ nation?

Not to the extent that happens here in the US.

In most rational, civilized countries, the two (or more) parties figure
out how to compromise on things.

But here in the US, the Republican idea of compromise is "do it the way
we want, or we'll block everything you want to do".

The Democratic idea of compromise is closer to actual compromise, but
when compromising, you expect something from the other side.  It seems
that most Democratic legislators are naive enough to believe the
Republicans when they say "give us something here and we'll give you
something on something else" - which they rarely, if ever do.

Jim