POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Aug 2012 23:03:20
Message: <502479f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/9/2012 11:39 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:08:56 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
>> A couple of the lies leveled at President Obama are that he is a Muslim
>> or that he is an atheist.  The fact that these lies are even worth
>> telling indicate the kind of atmosphere here.  (Another lie about
>> President Obama is that he is a progressive.  I only wish that one were
>> true.)
>
> Actually, I think there's probably a very good chance that Obama is
> culturally Christian but religiously atheist.  Of course, he could never
> admit that because it would be political suicide.

There was a post a while back on a blog which stated, in essence, that,
among Jews there are Orthodox, moderates, and atheists, while,
basically, among Christians there are Evangelicals, moderates, and uh...
really moderate? Not even the ones that are atheist would be caught dead
admitting it, unless they are priests, in which case there have been a
recent rash of them, and a whole special organization, which involves
them all helping and supporting each other, to either get out, or keep
shepherding the flock, even while they realize that the "sheep" have
actually been lemmings, all along.