POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Aug 2012 22:57:39
Message: <502478a3$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/9/2012 7:39 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>> On 8/9/2012 9:17, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>> introduced to keep the domestic oil in the USA,
>>
>> To be fair, this makes no sense. Oil is a commodity.
>
> And that is exactly what the politicians, and possibly the oil companies, don't
> want you to know during an election year.

They also probably don't want people to know that the only reason the
oil subsidies probably where apposed by oil special interests, even
while the oil execs said they didn't need them, is that, if we took
global warming seriously, and took steps to curtail it, one of the
things we would have to do is bury long term investments in thousands of
new oil wells they have existing permissions to build, for the next
50-100 years, effectively killing their whole entire investment strategy
(which amounts to Palin's "Drill baby, drill!", and the rest's, "Then
sell it to China!").