POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 9 Aug 2012 22:54:04
Message: <502477cc$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/9/2012 9:30 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:17:05 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
>> If you doubt this, recall how they're all screaming up and down for
>> domestic drilling, because we need to be energy independent, yet when an
>> amendment was introduced to keep the domestic oil in the USA, it was
>> voted down--by the Republicans.
>
> That doesn't surprise me one bit.  The Republican agenda is simple:  Vote
> for whatever Obama is against, and vote against whatever Obama is for.
> Then blame him for failing to move things forward.
>
> IOW, blame Obama for not being a Republican or not holding to Republican
> values.  If only he would believe what they believe, then there'd be no
> problem.  Other than we'd have Republican values dictating policy.
>
> Jim

Actually, someone joked a while back that the surest way to get anything
progressive done in Washington was to put in two bills, one that was
100% Republican, and endorsed by Obama, and one that claimed to be
Republican, but was 100% progressive, but which he declared he would
veto. It might only work once, but if you packed enough into the, "I
don't want this passing", bill... lol