POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Aug 2012 14:39:03
Message: <502403c7$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:08:56 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> A couple of the lies leveled at President Obama are that he is a Muslim
> or that he is an atheist.  The fact that these lies are even worth
> telling indicate the kind of atmosphere here.  (Another lie about
> President Obama is that he is a progressive.  I only wish that one were
> true.)

Actually, I think there's probably a very good chance that Obama is
culturally Christian but religiously atheist.  Of course, he could never
admit that because it would be political suicide.

> It has been trendy for politicians, including presidential candidates,
> to state that our problems are too great for man to solve, and that we
> must hand them over to the Almighty.  In other words:
>
>    "I cannot solve your problems, therefore, you should vote for me!"
>
> And this is actually a selling point.

The other selling point (used mostly by Republicans, though never
explicitly stated) is "Government is inefficient; let us prove it.  Vote
for us!"

Jim