POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The end of an era : Re: The end of an era Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The end of an era
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Aug 2012 18:40:08
Message: <5022eac8@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:18:47 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> You know how it is in the USA.  We /have/ to protect the "job
>>> creators."
>>>   Fuck the workers.
>>
>> Indeed.  Pity that so many of the jobs created by the so-called "job
>> creators" are offshore or of a pay standard such that there are
>> employed people who live below the poverty line, and who have too few
>> hours to qualify for employer-provided benefits (Wallmart, I'm looking
>> pointedly at you).
>
> Sometimes I think my country is messed up.

In some ways, it is.  The UK's immigration policy, for example, is such a
moving target that people who want to immigrate have tons of problems
doing so.  Even after getting into the system and jumping through all the
hoops, there's nothing that prevents the home office from changing the
rules a month before someone's able to get permanent leave to remain and
they have to start all over.

My wife knows people who have had that happen.

> And then I remember that some people live in the USA. :-D

Indeed.  There's a lot of good here (and in the UK) as well, but there is
a lot that is completely whacked out here as well.  I'm waiting for the
day when our government is sponsored by Exxon or BP.  (Oh, wait, we might
already be there).

Jim