POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vanishing Point : Re: Vanishing Point Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vanishing Point
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Aug 2012 03:44:46
Message: <5020c76e$1@news.povray.org>
On 7-8-2012 6:18, Ive wrote:
> Am 06.08.2012 10:28, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> On 5-8-2012 20:26, Ive wrote:
>>> Modeled in Blender...
>> I am just starting to learn Blender... I have still a very long way to
>> go when I see this. Excellent job.
>>
> I think the key for this kind of modeling is to find some blueprint (or
> create a drawing yourself for imaginary objects). Within Blender you can
> put the blueprint as background for the front/right/top view and use it
> as guide for the curvature.

Yes, Silo has the same possibilities.

> The problem is to find a *good* blueprint and I did not for this car.
> Some shapes were obviously wrong when I compared it to stills from the
> movie and this is when the trouble begins...

A piece of paper and a pencil then ;-)

> BTW I think to remember that you did use Silo. Does it have limitations
> or what brings you to Blender. I remember very well that I had quite a
> hard time getting used to Blender and I'm still far away from being good
> and *fast* at it ;)

I still use Silo intensively. I learn Blender to have a choice to
replace Silo one day, as it is not really supported anymore. The
builders seem to have lost interest. Additionally, I am interested in
exploring other possibilities. It is a challenge but I am not in a hurry ;-)

Thomas