POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vanishing Point : Re: Vanishing Point Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vanishing Point
From: Ive
Date: 7 Aug 2012 00:18:31
Message: <50209717@news.povray.org>
Am 06.08.2012 10:28, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 5-8-2012 20:26, Ive wrote:
>> Modeled in Blender...
> I am just starting to learn Blender... I have still a very long way to
> go when I see this. Excellent job.

I think the key for this kind of modeling is to find some blueprint (or
create a drawing yourself for imaginary objects). Within Blender you can
put the blueprint as background for the front/right/top view and use it
as guide for the curvature.
The problem is to find a *good* blueprint and I did not for this car.
Some shapes were obviously wrong when I compared it to stills from the
movie and this is when the trouble begins...

BTW I think to remember that you did use Silo. Does it have limitations
or what brings you to Blender. I remember very well that I had quite a
hard time getting used to Blender and I'm still far away from being good
and *fast* at it ;)

-Ive