POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Aug 2012 16:20:24
Message: <50202708@news.povray.org>
On 8/5/2012 3:16 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 05.08.2012 21:25, schrieb Patrick Elliott:
>
>> How the hell do you vote sane people into office, and vote out the
>> morons, if they all think that the only thing you need to know about
>> them, when making a decision, was... nothing?
>
> Mandatory viewing:
>
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1LLsw1lcuA

Yes, well.. The problem here is that one of the people that is a serious
nutter is trying to get voted in, I still don't know jack about the ones
that are in, and even less about any of the others trying to get in. You
could vote them all out, and, in the current Tea Party happy land of the
US, end up voting in the American version of some horrible cross between
the Taliban, Ayn Rand, and the Pope. You can, at that point, pretty much
screw your health care, economics, and social freedoms all goodby, in
one stroke, in favor of getting to kiss the ass of some rich assholes,
like who ever thought that the economic prosperity of my city would best
be served not by encouraging some sort of industry into the city, but
building 50 foot metal, decorating, cages, filled with river rocks, so
they had a new place to hang a sign or two, during some city event (at
who the hell knows how much money they cost...)

The only thing stupider I have seen a city do was one in California
which page some nut several million for horrible metal sculptures, a few
barrel shaped "wind chimes" for the main street, and some bluish lit
glass path, supposedly a "stream down the center of the street", in the
separator between sides, which, unless you where flying, you couldn't
see, even if you had the time, while fighting traffic, to see in the
first place.

Since then, they have lost three malls, both movie theaters, and.. I
think next week they are considering how to deport the city, on the
grounds its forgotten how to speak anything other than Spanish.
(Kidding, but seriously, almost no one there is a non-latino any more.)

Here... there seems to be a sort of strange split personality, between
the people that could keep the city alive, and are under 50, and the
"retired", who, well.. being retired, don't exactly contribute to new
business. You could replace the entirely younger population with robots,
and it probably wouldn't even change how much they already complain
about their receipt not matching the prices they didn't read in the
first place, or how noisy X people where, or what is wrong with some
other thing, etc.