POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway : Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway: Three weeks to go! Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:05:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway: Three weeks to go!
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Aug 2012 20:40:15
Message: <501f126f@news.povray.org>
Em 05/08/2012 10:45, Stephen escreveu:
> On 05/08/2012 2:12 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
>> actually this sounds like TC-RTC is quite dependent on the time and
>> interest of a single person. After the fate that befell IRTC (twice...)
>> this might be an issue of concern for people considering to join in.
>
> You are quite right Christian,
> To give some history, after the IRTC was down for about a year. Steve
> Paget (you may remember St) decided to give something back to the
> community. He contacted a web developer in his town and commissioned
> TC-RTC. So the web site is owned by Colin and we only use it. When Steve
> died a couple of years ago I contacted Colin and said that I would be
> willing to keep it running and Thomas de Groot kindly agreed to assist
> in the running of the site. (I say assist but Thomas does all the work.)

> faded Colin has lost some of his enthusiasm for maintaining it.
> We have not bothered him too much with change requests. Partly because
> he does not give it a high priority (that means that he does not answer
> emails) and partly because the costs are minimal so you get what you pay
> for. We are a small group and most of us know the limitations and just
> live with it.
>
> So that is it in a nutshell. If you can think of a practical solution we
> would be pleased to hear it.

I remember St.

BTW, why not simply a free blog?  Something like tc-rtc.blogspot.com or
tc-rtc.wordpress.com?  Administration hurdle is minimal and can be
shared between a few select accounts.  Image posting and polls are among
the features, plus comment system builtin, etc.

With so many cheap free solutions out there for creating and sharing
content, I don't see the reason for bothering with a "home page".