POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway : Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway: Three weeks to go! Server Time
25 May 2024 22:31:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway: Three weeks to go!
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 5 Aug 2012 09:12:54
Message: <501e7156@news.povray.org>
> To Stephen: as administrators, we are only allowed to change the
> floating top bar. Only Colin seems to have access to that part of the site.

actually this sounds like TC-RTC is quite dependent on the time and
interest of a single person. After the fate that befell IRTC (twice...)
this might be an issue of concern for people considering to join in.

Of course, you cannot pull a team of web site administrators out of
your hat, but you might want to ensure that the server, code, data and
backups are at least accessible by a larger number of people, and that
the system is documented to a point that someone else could setup a
new server running TC-RTC should the need arise.