POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 4 Aug 2012 18:39:42
Message: <501da4ae$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> When you see a job advertised, you don't know who the company is. (If
> you did, you could just phone them up, and then the agency wouldn't get

For several years, I haven't applied for such jobs. Just because I like
to know who and what I'm negotiating with. I might have missed a great
job, OTOH they might have missed me. Granted, I would be so harsh if I
was unemployed, but as long as I have a good job, I think I'm allowed to
be picky.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, so there's probably less
applicants for such jobs, therefore easier to be number one.

> Last I heard, /most/ people fail at /most/ interviews. It takes many
> hundred thousand interviews before a hire occurs. Which, given that so
> far I've been to 2 interviews this lifetime, doesn't bode well...

Once again: correct your attitude. If you don't get hired from an
interview, that only means you didn't appear to them as The Best of The
Best of The Best. Sir! There might be many, many reasons and the best
thing is that you don't actually know them, so you can always just think
"Nah, they probably hired the bosses son/cousing/lover/addhere" and
forget that job and move on. If you don't get the job, it doesn't mean
you failed nor you are hopeless - it *just* means they liked someone
more than you. Simple as that, end of story, check your calendar for the

-Aero