POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Aug 2012 17:23:39
Message: <501d92db$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:44:06 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> I'm ambivalent as to whether this is actually the best strategy. On one
> hand, the more stuff I apply to, the more likely it is that somebody
> will call me. OTOH, if I apply for something totally unsuitable, and the
> recruiter phones me, they're not going to be amused at having their time
> wasted.

The best strategy is volume.  The outplacement service I was provided
with during my layoff last year provided information about searching for
a job being a full-time job unto itself.

R.I.C.H. – (Resumes, Interviews, Contacts, Hours)

This is what they describe the process as - it's about volume, sending
resumes, getting interviews, getting contacts, and putting in the hours.

Given the quality of job descriptions, don't rely on the description to
tell you whether or not it's suitable or not.  That's what the recruiter
is there for.  That's what they get paid to do - to identify potential
matches for a position.  They spend their days talking to people who are
and who are not suitable for the position - and they're usually good at
helping the candidate identify whether or not they're a good fit for the
position or not.

Recruiters generally won't be angry about having their time wasted by
unqualified candidates.  They get paid to properly identify the qualified
and unqualified candidates.  So being a bad fit isn't your problem to
solve.  It's their job to make that determination.

Jim