POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The search continues : Re: The search continues Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The search continues
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Aug 2012 11:49:00
Message: <501d446c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/08/2012 4:19 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 04/08/2012 04:11 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 04/08/2012 2:44 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>> Even if they did you would not get one.
>
> You don't think so?

No I don't. Unless you're doing a career change, those job descriptions
are for people in there twenties. Aero is right, you are aiming too low.

>> How many juniors or trainees are your age?
>
> I don't know; I've never met anybody who writes software for a living.

Do you? I thought that you were syst admin.

>> Graduate means just graduated, straight out of education with
>> little or no experience. At your age you are expected to have moved on.
>
> Sure. Anything that specifically says /graduate/ is unlikely to be open
> to me at this point. But I would have thought "trainee" would be fine...

How long have you been working? You should be trained by now and if you
are not then who would employ someone who is not trained after ten years?
I am not slagging you off I am giving advice. (As have a lot of people
here.)

>> So if there is no suitable work in Milton Keynes and you don't want to
>> be on the dole for the rest of your life, follow in Dick Whittington's
>> footsteps.
>
> Like I said further down, I tried a different site, and it seems to be
> finding boatloads of jobs; more jobs than I can actually apply to!
> (Well, without losing my sanity...)

Finding a job is a full time job. And that means that you have to work
at it. Most people do not like working and have to force thenselves to
do it.

> Whether I will actually get to interview for any of these is another
> matter. So far it's not looking so hot.

It never does until it happens.

--
Regards