POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Google knows best : Re: The Google knows best Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Google knows best
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Aug 2012 13:55:54
Message: <501c10aa@news.povray.org>
On 7/31/2012 9:08, Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> sure, why not, add all the security of a password, and then send me my login
> and password through an unsecure unencrypted email.. way to go!

FWIW, this is actually pretty surprisingly secure. The folks who want to
steal such passwords don't really have access to that information.

Evidence: In all the time running our email-based payment service, exactly
one time did someone get their password stolen. And that was when their
estranged husband was the administrator for their home unix box.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"