POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Fiber : Re: Google Fiber Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Fiber
From: Warp
Date: 2 Aug 2012 17:32:22
Message: <501af1e5@news.povray.org>
> > (*) Well not "rent" per se. I think the closest term I can find with
> > google is "condominium payment" or "condo fee". But this same housing
> > cooperative has rental housing with the same deal.

> It'd be what is referred to here as an 'association fee' (as in a
> homeowner's association).

I don't rent this apartment, but neither am I a homehowner per se (iow.
I don't *own* this apartment either). It's a form in-between those two.
The montly fee is cheaper than rent for a typical apartment of the same
size in the same area, and I have more rights to the apartment than I would
if it was a rental (eg. I could make modifications and renovations that
would not be allowed in a rented apartment), but it's not ownership per se.

I'm not sure what the English term for this is.

(If I actually owned this apartment, but had to share the building's common
services with all the other tenants, and thus pay a fee for the maintenance,
I think the term is "condominium". This is almost like that, except that
I don't really fully own the apartment. However, it's not the same as rental
either.)

--
                                                          - Warp