POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Fiber : Re: Google Fiber Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Fiber
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Aug 2012 16:34:01
Message: <501ae439$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/08/2012 21:59, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :

> (Hell, I have a 100 mbit *LAN* and VNC is still laggy as hell...)

VNC is an insult to any network. X11 had some clue, but VNC really lost
everything. Worst than VNC, I guess, would be running VM via VNC...

Also, default client for VNC do not have compression (tsclient nor
vinagre).

First speedup: on remote, change background for a plain colour (no fancy
pictures). Next reduce to 256 colours on the client. Or Thousands.