POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Fiber : Re: Google Fiber Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Fiber
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Aug 2012 10:32:58
Message: <501a8f9a$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/08/2012 11:23 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Is this a real product? It reads like an April Fool's joke. They're
> talking about giving you 1,000 mbit/sec access to the Internet. That's
> 10x faster than our LAN! That's crazy.

It appears to be real, however.

The prices look pretty insane though. They offer 3 products:

   5mbit/sec FOR FREE.

   1000mbit/sec for $70/month.

   1000mbit/sec plus a TV package with a PVR with has an Andriod tablet
as the freaking REMOTE CONTROL for $120/month.

Then again, exchange rates don't take into account earnings. So I don't
really know if $70 is a lot of money for a typical American (much less
one living in Kansas). Anybody here know?