POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: Invisible
Date: 2 Aug 2012 04:11:01
Message: <501a3615$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/08/2012 12:53 AM, nemesis wrote:

> so all you need to make up new (ilogical) words is getting a bunch of dumbasses
> demanding it so?

Yep. Just like all of antiquity.

Take "apron", for example. This word is actually a mistake. The original
words was "napron". But when some dumbarse heard the phrase "a napron",
this misinterpreted it as "an apron". This stupid mistake has now stuck,
and I defy you to find a dictionary today which even lists "napron" as a
word.

Seriously, how do you *think* new languages are invented? They happen
because of people being stupid.

Related: You can probably find "teh" in the dictionary. Along with
"pron" and so forth.