POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Aug 2012 03:25:26
Message: <501a2b66$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/08/2012 03:55, waggy a écrit :
> andrel wrote:
>> I don't know where you live, but in general emigrating to Germany or the
>> Netherlands should do the trick.
>> We both have similar long sentences, and in German you have the bonus of
>> constructs that consist of a verb and another word. This allows you to
>> use that word, which might not be the one the audience expects, and then
>> 5 minutes later finish off your sentence with the right verb.
>> When done expertly it can make boring speeches into a spectator sport.

And it's the main reason the "congressmen" of Germany are disciplined
and do not interrupt the speaking "congressman" with noisy
interruptions, unlike any other countries: they cannot guess the meaning
before the verb. They would risk embarrassing themselves as interrupting
an idea they did support and therefore being counter-productive to their
goal.

> Now there's the best reason yet to quit smoking, but alas, I think I'm too old
> (mid forties) to emigrate from the Great (formerly) Independent Republic of
> Texastan.

You should have learned from the image of your country in movies: "when
you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" (The good, the bad and the ugly;
Siergio Leone ). Ergo, small sentences are mandatory in your land, or
you get a bullet.