POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: Warp
Date: 1 Aug 2012 09:30:00
Message: <50192f58@news.povray.org>
waggy <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote:
> Well, I defended my thesis the other day and learned that my professors all
> despise my writing style. One committee member advised me to reorganize and
> rewrite the entire thing, with these specific instructions, "All your sentences
> should be subject-verb-object and no more than three lines long."

> After I calmed down I thought about how to go about doing this.

You should make *all* of your senteces three lines long, and make it so
that the subject is at the very beginning of the sentence and the verb and
object are at the very end, or the subject and verb at the beginning and
the object at the end (and the middle filled with qualifiers).

In fact, better split all your infinitives so that you have "<subject> to"
at the very beginning, and "<verb> <object>" at the very end of the
three-line sentence.

--
                                                          - Warp