POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jul 2012 18:40:14
Message: <50170d4e@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> watching hentai is as disturbing as watching any bizarre porn.

And how would you know that? ;)

> You should try anime classics like "Akira", "Princess Mononoke", "Cowboy Bebop"
> and a few others before dismissing the whole genre...

Not to belittle those movies/series (they are excellent on their own
"sub-genre" so to speak) but IMHO they do not perhaps best represent
what (more or less) modern anime is at best. They are classics alright,
but they are also... antiquated in style and technique. They are also a
kind of different "sub-genre" of anime in tone, content and style. Not
all anime is like that.

Personally I find many of the "classic" anime movies and series (especially
those made in the 80's and early 90's) to be quite boring and not very
enticing. I much more prefer modern anime.

Which one would I recommend? That's a really hard question to answer,
and it depends a lot on what kind of TV series you like. Do you like
romantic series with bits of fantasy/scifi? Do you like action-packed
violence? Do you like awesome visuals and animation?

I suppose that if I had to choose just one series to recommend for a
first-time viewer, it would probably be Haruhi Suzumiya. Awesome drawing
and animation quality, interesting story-telling, one of the best modern
anime series in existence (although there are many, many more). If you want
to check something, check this one.

--
                                                          - Warp