POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A completely new PC : Re: A completely new PC Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A completely new PC
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jul 2012 16:54:26
Message: <5016f482@news.povray.org>
> I prefer 16:10 aspect ratio. While 4:3 gives me a feeling of "horizontal
> claustrophobia", the HD 16:9 ratio instead gives me a kind of "vertical
> claustrophobia" instead.

Yes, a 16:10 (1920x1200) would have been cooler (especially since I
wouldn't have to trade my previous vertical resolution (1600x1200) for
a smaller one (1080), making my desktop basically 120 pixels shorter;
it doesn't sound much when said, but you can really feel it after having
been using the 1600x1200 resolution for so long), but it's really a
question of budget. There are really high-quality LCD monitors out there
with that resolution, but they cost at least 5 times as much as this one,
and I have been quite lucky with this one otherwise, because it's really
good for its price. (It has its problems of course, especially limited
vertical viewing angle, but for its cost it has otherwise been really good.)

For gaming purposes the 16:9 aspect ratio and large screen (23 inches)
is excellent. Likewise for watching movies. I have been quite happy with it.

--
                                                          - Warp