POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Favorite Olympic Sport? : Re: Favorite Olympic Sport? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Favorite Olympic Sport?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 29 Jul 2012 17:21:06
Message: <5015a942$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:16:39 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 28/07/2012 6:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Though I have to say his rejoinder to one of our presidential
>> candidates'
>> demonstrated skills of dealing with people outside the US was quite
>> good.;)
>

> I preferred Dave Cameron's remark about it being easy to do in the
> middle of nowhere. It will be interesting to see how many friends were
> made by nbc cutting the Olympic memorial to the London bombings.

Oh, yes, I liked that as well.  As well as Mayor Becker's (the mayor of
SLC) rejoinder that he'd be happy to provide your PM with a map of "the
middle of nowhere" so he doesn't get lost - and a list of things he'll
find in Utah that you won't find in the UK. :)

I'm glad I was able to watch the BBC version of the ceremonies - very
little in the way of "you Americans are too stupid to understand the
references so we'll talk over the music that you obviously don't care
about to explain the things that anyone with a modicum of Google-fu can
find out on their own".

Jim