POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Telling a good story : Re: Telling a good story Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Telling a good story
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 29 Jul 2012 05:13:27
Message: <5014feb7$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/07/2012 10:14 PM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> For example, both Captain Sparrow and Captain Barbosa are pirates. They
>> both lie, cheat, steal, and generally look out only for themselves. And
>> yet, somehow Sparrow is the hero, and Barbosa isn't.
>
> Who has the more charisma?

That's a big of an open question. Like I said, a lot of the best
villains have charisma. And, indeed, at the end of Dead Man's Chest,
Barbosa returns as something of a hero. It's not like there aren't
scenes where Jack is the enemy.

I think perhaps what it comes down to is that Jack seems averse to
killing people, whereas Barbosa does not hesitate. Perhaps that's it.