POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A completely new PC : Re: A completely new PC Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A completely new PC
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2012 13:54:06
Message: <5014273e@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> well, welcome to HD gaming and multicore computation. :)

Thanks. Although... I kind of was already there, in a way, depending on
your definition.

I regularly used a 1600x1200 resolution on my old CRT, which approaches
full HD (it's only about 7.5% smaller if we count pixels), and the P4 is
kind of "multicore" in that it has hyperthreading (which the system shows
as two cores).

But yeah, a blurry 19-inch 4:3 1600x1200 image does certainly not have
the same "HD feeling" as a sharp 23-inch 16:9 1920x1080, and a single
hyperthreaded core is quit a half-assed "multicore" compared to an actual
quadrupe-core CPU... :)