POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Telling a good story : Re: Telling a good story Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Telling a good story
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Jul 2012 04:02:37
Message: <5010f99d@news.povray.org>
>> If you think the story doesn't /make sense/, you're clearly doing
>> something very, very wrong.
>
> says the dude who wouldn't figure out the narrative arc from monkeys to space in
> A Space Odissey... -_-

2001 starts nowhere, goes nowhere, and ends up nowhere. It's almost
/literally/ a series of random shots with no connecting narrative at
all. (Except the middle part on the space station. /That/ almost makes
sense.)

> Don't get me wrong, it does make sense as a sequence of banalities.

It's one of my favourite films /ever/. So don't even /try/ to tell me
it's a bad film. :-P