POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Days of my youth : Re: Days of my youth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Days of my youth
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 25 Jul 2012 09:35:12
Message: <500ff610$1@news.povray.org>

> DEL ..      Tries to delete the parent folder. (And fails, because
> you're currently inside it.)

Actually, DEL .. will succesfully delete the contents of the parent
directory, while leaving subdirectories intact.  Depending on the
version of DOS, it may or may not ask you "Are you sure?" before doing so.

Before DOS 5 you needed to RD (or RMDIR) each sub directory
individually, if you wanted to get rid of the entire branch.  DOS 5
introduced the DELTREE command, and Newer versions of Windows after
Win2000 got rid of it, probably in favor of the pointy-clicky method of
deleting directories.