POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Might need a bigger stack for refraction & glass : Re: Might need a bigger stack for refraction & glass Server Time
17 May 2024 04:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Might need a bigger stack for refraction & glass
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Jul 2012 04:05:00
Message: <500bb42c$1@news.povray.org>
On 21.07.12 17:36, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Notice that the limit is 255 (and that seems legal).
>
> Lowering the limit to 155 with only the left transparent cylinder is ok,
> but still crash once the right cylinder get the same material.

The default thread stack size in Linux is too small. It is not possible with
standard boost threads to change the stack size. Early versions of POV-Ray
3.7 beta used a patched boost thread implementation. However, it seems this
change and the knowledge about its necessity had been lost over time. Either
way, for 3.71 we have fixed code ready. It won't make it into 3.70 though.

	Thorsten