POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old music : Re: Old music Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old music
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 21 Jul 2012 13:42:15
Message: <500ae9f7$1@news.povray.org>
Le 21/07/2012 18:26, John VanSickle nous fit lire :
> On 7/12/2012 1:14 AM, Warp wrote:
>> John VanSickle<evi### [at] kosherhotmailcom>  wrote:
>>> Every YouTube video for a song over 20 years old has at least one
>>> comment along the lines of, "We had such awesome music back then, now
>>> all we've got is Justin Bieber."
>>
>>    Why do people hate him?
>>
>>    Perhaps the best related comment I have seen was: "Freddie Mercury
>> dressed
>> as a housewife is manlier than JB."

Freddie Mercury had a real show with the Queen group, with a bit of
emotions and messages to share with the listener/viewer/...

And talent.

> For the same reason that lots of people have hated every over-promoted
> mediocrity.  Many people perceive it as an attempt to mold their
> thinking, which people resent when it takes an apparently overt form,
> and for some it has grown into a simmering resentment, which results in
> a knee-jerk display of hostility at any evidence that he ever existed.

What has JB ? short of a youth and some mega-corporations trying to push
him ?

Anyone remember the young kid Macaulay Culkin ? He was wise enough to
make a pause.